Sunday, February 22, 2009

A metaphorical adventure



Some days, I sit at home in my room, reading through some of my favorite books, and I wonder if I will be able to go on adventures like all my favorite characters have.

I'm almost certain I won't be able to help thirteen dwarfs regain their gold from a greedy dragon, and come across a magical ring along the way. I'm positive I won't be going away to a wizarding school to learn magic, or go down the rabbit hole and into wonderland.

But I wonder if I'll have a story worth telling. When will my great adventure come, and will I know it when I see it? Will I go on that adventure when the opportunity walks by, or will I just stare at it, not knowing that its my chance to do something great? Will I miss out on my big break? Or will I realize its staring at me and take it?

I guess that's something everybody thinks about every once in awhile.

No comments: