Monday, March 2, 2009

Time Capsule: Looking back to a blog posted June 27, 2008



Originally titled: The World is Such an Ugly Place

I'm sure at one point or another you've all looked around at what was going on around you and thought "Damn this world is such a crappy place to live"

If you haven't, you may want to take a real good look at the world.


Lets face it. Planet Earth is such an ugly place to live. And I don't mean that like everything and everyone on this Earth are hideous creatures. On the contrary, every single one of you are beautiful creatures.


But it is an ugly place to live. Not only is there war, but there isn't peace. There's famine, genocide, holocaust...do I really have to continue the list? There's no such thing as pro choice. There's no such thing as innocence in this world anymore. I guess you could say that life is not like a Walt Disney movie.


But the point I'm making is...

Yea the world is ugly, but only you can work on making it a better place to live. One person at a time. One cause at a time. One election at a time. One performance at a time. Its everything around us that makes it worth sticking around.

Yea sure you can blame alot of ugly things on whats all around us, but you can also credit alot of whats beautiful on whats around us. Those are the things you have to let stand out in the spotlight. Focusing on the negative is not the way to make things better.

You gotta keep positive, and things will eventually get better. But not without you. You have to want to make things better, and work on fixing whats broken around you."

That could be as easy as recycling products, instead of just throwing everything away, or as difficult as solving world hunger.

It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you know why your doing it. You've gotta know how what you do will effect other people, because what you may see as a good idea may be the worst possible situation for someone else.

I guess I'm saying that humanity in general need to learn how to properly communicate.

If you want this world to be a great place for all of us to grow up, raise a family, and grow old and die, you've got to think about your actions today.

John Lennon was wrong when he said "Nothing's gonna change my world". Now is the time where something has to change OUR world

Now to end with a different John Lennon quote "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you will join us and the world will live as one"


PS: This isn't meant to be taken as a pessimistic point of view. Its the honest truth. While I made a point to mention how awful it is to be here, there is alot of good. Learn to see the good and not the bad. If the bad is right in plain sight, and you can't look away, do something about it.


Now that it has been quite some time since I've written, or even looked at this blog entry I posted in the form of a facebook note so long ago, I'm beginning to see that I tend to write some pretty insightful stuff. I hope that with everything I post here you'll all be able to see a side of me that unfortunately doesn't get out as often as I'd like it to. For those of you who read this, whether you actually follow the blog or wait until my facebook status tells you to come here, thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say.

No comments: